Meditation Teacher Training
The World is full of Stress, but you don’t have to be.
Change the world one person at a time– starting with You.
Meditation Teacher Training uncoils deep rooted stress while preparing you to teach.
Looking to take your meditation practice to the next level?
Our 200 Hour Online Meditation Teacher Training offers a transformative experience that can help you not only deepen your own practice, but also build a successful career as a meditation teacher.
Students who complete this training report deep transformations and go on to build successful careers as meditation teachers. Our non-dogmatic approach and philosophy teaches each student the right kind of meditation for their individual mind type, so you can be confident in your ability to teach 12 different meditation techniques.
The training can be completed at your own pace, with a daily time commitment of around 2 hours if you want to finish in 100 days. However, there’s no need to rush – you have 208 days from the start date of the training to complete all coursework. Upon successful completion, you’ll receive Level 1 Meditation Teacher certification and be qualified to teach 3 techniques in each of the four fundamental styles of meditation: Present Moment Awareness, Calm Focus, Energized Body and Mind, and Transcendence/Self Discovery.
Enroll in our 200 Hour Online Meditation Teacher Training and take the first step towards a brighter, more fulfilling future as a meditation teacher.
Schedule of Upcoming Trainings
Enrollment for the September cohort is available now : 200 Hour Online Meditation Teacher Training
September 1st 2023: Vedic Meditation Mastery
October 7th-8th 2023 Santa Barbara Vedic Meditation Course
November 1st 2023: 1800hr Vedic Meditation Teacher Training
Who should take this training?
You’re A Knowledge Seeker
- You want to become a master meditator but have no aspirations to teach regularly.
- You want to know much more about the four central types of meditation and push your daily meditation practice to deeper level.
- You are looking to understand the depths of what meditation is and isn’t and, of course, learn how to meditate yourself.
You’re A Wellness Professional
- You work in the wellness field—maybe you’re a yoga teacher or a mental health professional.
- You know how powerful meditation can be, and you want to learn to teach it so you can create more professional opportunities.
- You want your clients to sleep more soundly, live with less stress or anxiety, and enjoy a deep quality of living that only meditating can provide.
Teaching Is Your Calling
- You’ve experienced the profound effects meditation has in your own life and are eager to share the practice with as many people as possible.
- You want to help friends, family members, colleagues, and even strangers live on a deeper, more meaningful level.
- You want them to thrive, living the happiest, most connected, and most fulfilled version of their life—and you’re ready to play an instrumental role in making that happen.
Rich Roll Interview
Charlie has developed a unique expertise in distilling seemingly elusive and Arcane Vedic Traditions down to their essence. Expressing some of the deepest concepts from Spirituality and science in simple practical steps that are effective aids in finding inner peace and happiness.
Hi, I’m Charlie Knoles and I’ll be training you to be a meditation teacher.
I’ve been practicing meditation since I was a 4 years old. In fact, my mother was on a 6-month meditation retreat while she was pregnant with me. In a sense, I was meditating before I was even born. In my life I’ve done many things. I’ve been a musical recording artist. I’ve worked corporate jobs in advertising and sales training. I’ve used my training in biology and agriculture to help people in developing countries. Along the way I met my wife Liddy who is my partner, co-creator, and mother to our 4 children.
In 2008, at the height of the global financial crisis, I left the security of a well-paying job to take training as a meditation teacher. My wife was pregnant with our second daughter and we had no backup plan. At the time I had no idea how I was going to support my growing family but I knew that I had to follow my life’s calling. The knowledge passed on to me during my teacher training was profound but when I graduated I had no money. My wife was a month away from giving birth, and I had to hit the ground running. Many of the people I met didn’t believe that “meditation teacher” was even a real occupation. Despite facing many challenges together, we thrived. I’ve now taught thousands of people worldwide, including many well-known names, and some of my personal heroes.
This is the training I wish was available to me when I got started. It is the culmination of everything I’ve learned as a teacher, a guide, a coach, and as father. This shows you how to support yourself and those you care for through meaningful work. As a meditation teacher, you are supporting yourself by helping others to grow.
I’m going to teach you how to find students. I’ll train you to teach them to meditate in a way that fits their mind-type. You’ll learn how to deal with all their concerns and questions. You’ll learn how to overcome your own fears and grow in confidence and charisma. You’ll know how to make it all fit together. You’ll be making a great living without compromising any of your values.
We have been featured at:
What do famous people say about our work?
Charlie, thank you SO much for everything. I am so happy that I waited and got to take the course with you. I feel like this is really going to change my life. I feel it already is. So, many thanks.”
— Rooney Mara, actress and Academy Award nominee, Carol, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, The Social Network.
“Charlie is a very knowledgeable meditation teacher. Vedic meditation has given me the ability to center myself and relax in a particular moment as well as made me adaptable and flexible outside of meditation in this crazy entertainment industry.”
— Jordana Brewster, Actress The Fast and the Furious
“Charlie Knoles has written what is probably my all-time favorite tweet“
-Naval Ravikant, Founder of Angel List and legendary venture capitalist.
(Yes that’s a real quote and yes I consider it a high honor. IYKYK. -Charlie)
“Charlie is a game/life changer. He teaches in a truly non-ego, human, fully approachable and all encompassing way. I am truly grateful to call him my teacher and my friend.”
— Mara Hoffman, Fashion Designer
Our expert teachers
Everyone is capable of meditating.
The best technique is the one you practice everyday.
Meditation does not require special talents, beliefs, or affiliations.
It is impossible to fail at meditation.
- Is this a certified meditation teacher training?
- We offer certification to all of our graduate teachers but at the moment, there is no recognized, international, certifying-body for meditation teachers. We are in active discussion with several prominent meditation schools to form an equivalent to yoga alliance that would guarantee consistent teaching standards worldwide. In the meantime we take a twofold approach to ensuring our teachers’ certifications are recognized and valid:1) The Veda Center is widely recognized and respected among meditation and yoga studios. Our graduates have gone on to work at many studios and schools worldwide, in addition to starting their own teaching practices. Our school certification and curriculum is being used as the basis for creating the standardized certification for online training. As such we feel very confident that when the international standards are adopted, all our graduates will be grandfathered in.2) In countries where there are local certification requirements (Australia and Poland are the only two that we are aware of) we commit to giving any additional training required for local certification. This additional training will be free if it is purely online or at cost if it requires face to face instruction.
- How much time do I need to set aside each day to take this training?
- Every day of the training you’ll be asked to meditate twice a day in the morning and the evening with a primary meditation technique (the meditation technique you’ll practice throughout the training) AND the meditation technique you are learning to teach. So that will take about 30-40 minutes in the morning and evening. Then you’ll be asked to watch a few videos each day. Most are about 1-10 minutes long. So that’ll take about 15 min total each day. (The meditation videos are the longest videos [some about 20min,] but those you’ll either watch when you as part of your meditation practice or as you are learning to teach.) Then you’ll need to practice teaching the meditations. The time it takes learning to teach the meditations varies for each student. There are several books we have added to a reading list and additional lifestyle adjustments that could add time to your daily routine, but these are optional. Most students invest about 2-3hrs a day to the training including the time they spend meditating. You may spend a bit more time each day if you push through at the fastest possible rate, or a bit less time if you slow your pace through the training.The absolute fastest a student could move through this training is 100 days, but you can slow the training and take up to 208 days to complete the training if you prefer. We add an extra 108 days so you don’t need to worry if you have to take time off from watching the videos or completing assignments.
- Do you have any discounts?
- Yes. 10% Discount for:1) Full-time student at an accredited university2) Vetrans3) PolicePlease contact us to provide proof.
- Do you give refunds?
- We have a no-questions-asked refund policy for the first seven days after purchase. This means that it’s completely risk free. We think you’ll love the training but if for any reason it doesn’t feel right to you, just shoot us an email within 7 days of your purchase and you’ll get your money back.
- What type of meditation will I be able to teach when I graduate from this training?
- Upon successful completion of the 200 hr online Meditation training student receive Level 1 Meditation Teacher certification. Graduates are certified to teach 3 basic meditation techniques from 4 categories or Meditation; 12 meditation techniques total. The categories are Present Moment Awareness, Calm Focus, Energized Body & Mind and Transcendence/Self Discovery Meditation. The specific techniques are (in PMA) Anapana Breathing Meditation, Zen Breath Meditation, 5 Senses Body Scan Meditation; (in CF) Compassion & Loving Kindness Meditation, Light from the Heart Meditation, Self Realization Meditation; (in EBM) Alternate nostril Pranayama Meditation, Kapalbhati Breathing Meditation, Breathing to the Chakras Meditation; (in T/SD) Three universal mantra techniques.
The Meditation Teacher Collective
Founded by Liddy Arens and Charlie Knoles, The Meditation Teacher Collective is a multidisciplinary meditation school. We specialize in finding meditation techniques that fit you.
Do you have questions about meditation? Please contact us using the options below