Whether you’re a yoga teacher looking to enhance your offerings, someone looking to start a career as a meditation teacher, or simply looking to deepen your own knowledge and experience, this program will get you there.
Graduates of our teacher training programs have:
- Built successful careers teaching meditation workshops and classes all over the world
- Brought on regular, recurring clients from global corporations to yoga studios to private individuals
- Changed not only their own lives but the lives of thousands of people
When you graduate from this program, you’ll join the ranks of some of the most successful, effective, and fulfilled meditation teachers on the planet.
This at-home 200 hour meditation teacher training covers everything you need to know to become a confident meditation teacher. You will become an expert in the four categories of meditation–Present Moment Awareness, Calm Focus, Transcendence/Self-Discovery, and Energized Body and Mind meditations.
200 hour meditation teacher training course Starts April 15 2020.
100 DAY: 200 HOUR ONLINE MEDITATION TEACHER TRAINING. Covering everything you need to know to start teaching meditation-Effective and simple meditation techniques that cultivate Present Moment Awareness, Calm Focus, Energized Body & Mind and Transcendence/Self Discovery.
Learning to Teach 4 Categories of Meditation
The four experiences are Present Moment Awareness, Calm Focus, Energized Body & Mind, and Transcendence/Self Discovery.
Clear, Complete Training
This training has been designed to be as close to in person training as possible, while still providing the flexibility to allow you to live and work at home.
Throughout this training you will be meditating a lot and you will be clearing out deep rooted stresses to better be able to teach the techniques.
Community and World Wide Teaching Opportunities
With this training we are creating a global community of teachers and students seeking to better themselves and the world through meditation.
I’ve been practicing meditation since I was a 4 years old. In fact, my mother was on a 6-month meditation retreat while she was pregnant with me, so you could say I was meditating before I was even born. In my life I’ve done many things, I’ve been a musical recording artist, worked corporate jobs in advertising and sales training, and used my own training in biology and agriculture to help people in developing countries. Along the way I met my wife Liddy who is my partner, co-creator, and mother to our 4 children.
In 2008, at the height of the global financial crisis, I decided to leave the security of a well-paying job and travel with my daughter and pregnant wife to take training as a meditation teacher. At the time I had no idea how I was going to support my growing family but I knew that I had to follow my life’s calling. The knowledge that was passed on to me during my teacher training was profound but when I graduated I had no money, my wife was a month away from giving birth, and I had to hit the ground running. Many of the people I met didn’t believe that “meditation teacher” was even a real occupation. Despite facing many challenges together, we thrived and I’ve now taught many thousands of people worldwide, including many well-known names, and some of my personal heroes.
This training is the course that I wish was available to me when I got started. It is the culmination of everything I’ve learned as a teacher, a guide, a coach, and as father working to be able to support my family through work that I love.
I’m going to teach you how to find students, how to teach them to meditate in a way that fits their mind-type, how to deal with all their concerns and questions, how to overcome your own fears and grow in confidence and charisma, and how to make it all fit together so you can support yourself financially without compromising the integrity of the spiritual traditions that we are honoring through our practice.
Who should take this training?
You’re A Knowledge Seeker
- You want to become a master meditator but have no aspirations to teach regularly.
- You want to know much more about the four central types of meditation and push your daily meditation practice to deeper level.
- You are looking to understand the depths of what meditation is and isn’t and, of course, learn how to meditate yourself.
You’re A Wellness Professional
- You work in the wellness field—maybe you’re a yoga teacher or a mental health professional.
- You know how powerful meditation can be, and you want to learn to teach it so you can create more professional opportunities.
- You want your clients to sleep more soundly, live with less stress or anxiety, and enjoy a deep quality of living that only meditating can provide.
Teaching Is Your Calling
- You’ve experienced the profound effects meditation has in your own life and are eager to share the practice with as many people as possible.
- You want to help friends, family members, colleagues, and even strangers live on a deeper, more meaningful level.
- You want them to thrive, living the happiest, most connected, and most fulfilled version of their life—and you’re ready to play an instrumental role in making that happen.
- Will I get a certificate upon completion of this training? Upon successful completion of the 200 hr online Meditation teacher training, students receive Level 1 Meditation Teacher certification. Graduates are certified to teach to teach 12 meditation techniques. Our approach and philosophy is to be non-dogmatic and teach each student the right kind of meditation for their individual mind type. There are four fundamental meditative experiences: Present Moment Awareness, Calm Focus, Energized Body & Mind and Transcendence/Self Discovery. You will be certified to teach 3 techniques in each of these fundamental styles of meditation
- What if I can’t free up time to watch the course material as it is released? To complete the training in 100 days students usually spend 2-3hrs per day meditating and working on the training material. Keeping up with the course material is key to rapid transformation and mastering the course material. That said, we know that things come up that may make it difficult to complete the training in 100 days. So we have given an additional 100 day grace period for individuals who need to slow the pace of the training. Even if you aren’t able to complete the course work each day you are expected to meditate each day and you will need to set aside time each week to keep a steady pace so you don’t fall too far behind. In total you will have 200 days to complete the training which should be sufficient for everyone.
- What if I start the training and can’t complete it, don’t like it or want to stop for some reason. Can I get a refund? The very first day of the training you will get an outline of the entire course. You will be able to take the course for one week to see if it is a good fit for your life and your desire to become a teacher. In the first week we will go deep getting to know the four categories of meditation. In week two we will begin to learn to teach. You can request a refund within the first 6 days after purchase and get a refund no questions asked. After that no refunds will be given. If something comes up after the first week and you know you won’t be able to complete the training as planned, we will work with you to come up with a way forward or transfer you to a later training so you can complete the course work and be eligible for certification.
- What is the deadline to register for each 200 hr onlineTeacher Training session? Registration for each session will remain open for two weeks after the session begins if there are still spaces available. The sessions usually fill by the session start date and registration closes, so it is best to register early.
- Are the daily lessons pre recorded? What is the format? The lessons are pre-recorded video with quizzes and assignments.
- How is the homework organized? Is it assignments to email, etc? Throughout the course you will do both short quizzes and longer assessments. You will also be given a recommended reading list and a meditation program that you will need to follow. After you learn to teach a technique you will upload a video of yourself teaching that techniques to receive feedback from your peers and in some cases feedback from me.
- Is there much live interaction with the instructors? Yes. We’ll be doing live-streamed Q&As during the course, interacting with students on the forums, and giving feedback on select teaching videos.
- Do you offer any payment plans? If you are a US based student you can choose Paypal Credit at checkout and get a payment plan with 0% interest it’s if paid off within 6 months. We also offer a limited number of full scholarships to all of our courses for people who are in genuine financial need. These scholarships are usually only granted for our introductory courses because completion of advanced courses and teacher trainings is difficult if you are in an unstable situation. However if you feel that you may qualify for a scholarship you are invited to apply here.
- The 200 hour on-line Meditation Teacher Training course sounds amazing! Can I teach Vedic Meditation once I complete this training? When you complete this training you will be certified to teach basic techniques in four different categories of meditation. One of the categories, Transcendence/Self Discovery, is the category that Vedic Meditation falls into. You will learn to teach three universal mantras, but if you want to learn to give students personal mantras you will need to have further training. Vedic Meditation Teacher training (VMTT) is a much more intensive program that takes about 1800 hours of training in a retreat setting. The two courses are complementary but have different goals. If you’d like to take Vedic meditation teacher training after completing the 200 hour course we will credit your full 200 hr course fee towards VMTT. See our other page on this site that describes the path to becoming a Vedic Meditation teacher.
- Ok got it, so it’s different to Vedic Meditation but what about Vipassana, Zen, Shambhala, TM, kundalini-yoga etc. I can teach those when I graduate right? Hold on there cowboy/girl. Those schools all have their own proprietary teacher training programs. If that’s the path you want to take then you should talk to them. This 200 hour teacher training is perfect for people who want to start teaching meditation and covers everything you need to know in order to be an excellent teacher. Some of our graduates have additionally taken training with those other schools and have told us that our 200 hour course is more practical and hands-on. After graduating with us they felt more ready to go and teach with confidence, integrity, and knowledge.
- I have a question that you haven’t answered! Great! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.