Become an expert meditation teacher
You were born to teach
Schedule of Upcoming Courses:
February 1st 2023: 200 hour meditation teacher training
"It was life changing to be honest"
“It’s truly changed the trajectory of my life”
Hi, I’m Charlie Knoles and I’ll be training you to be a meditation teacher.
I’ve been practicing meditation since I was a 4 years old. In fact, my mother was on a 6-month meditation retreat while she was pregnant with me. In a sense, I was meditating before I was even born. In my life I’ve done many things. I’ve been a musical recording artist. I’ve worked corporate jobs in advertising and sales training. I’ve used my training in biology and agriculture to help people in developing countries. Along the way I met my wife Liddy who is my partner, co-creator, and mother to our 4 children.
In 2008, at the height of the global financial crisis, I left the security of a well-paying job to take training as a meditation teacher. My wife was pregnant with our second daughter and we had no backup plan. At the time I had no idea how I was going to support my growing family but I knew that I had to follow my life’s calling. The knowledge passed on to me during my teacher training was profound but when I graduated I had no money. My wife was a month away from giving birth, and I had to hit the ground running. Many of the people I met didn’t believe that “meditation teacher” was even a real occupation. Despite facing many challenges together, we thrived. I’ve now taught thousands of people worldwide, including many well-known names, and some of my personal heroes.
This is the training I wish was available to me when I got started. It is the culmination of everything I’ve learned as a teacher, a guide, a coach, and as father. This shows you how to support yourself and those you care for through meaningful work. As a meditation teacher, you are supporting yourself by helping others to grow.
I’m going to teach you how to find students. I’ll train you to teach them to meditate in a way that fits their mind-type. You’ll learn how to deal with all their concerns and questions. You’ll learn how to overcome your own fears and grow in confidence and charisma. You’ll know how to make it all fit together. You’ll be making a great living without compromising any of your values.
We have been featured at:
What do famous people say about our work?
Charlie, thank you SO much for everything. I am so happy that I waited and got to take the course with you. I feel like this is really going to change my life. I feel it already is. So, many thanks.”
— Rooney Mara, actress and Academy Award nominee, Carol, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, The Social Network.
“Charlie is a very knowledgeable meditation teacher. Vedic meditation has given me the ability to center myself and relax in a particular moment as well as made me adaptable and flexible outside of meditation in this crazy entertainment industry.”
— Jordana Brewster, Actress The Fast and the Furious
“Charlie Knoles has written what is probably my all-time favorite tweet“
-Naval Ravikant, Founder of Angel List and legendary venture capitalist.
(Yes that’s a real quote and yes I consider it a high honor. IYKYK. -Charlie)
“Charlie is a game/life changer. He teaches in a truly non-ego, human, fully approachable and all encompassing way. I am truly grateful to call him my teacher and my friend.”
— Mara Hoffman, Fashion Designer
Who should take this training?
You’re A Knowledge Seeker
- You want to become a master meditator but have no aspirations to teach regularly.
- You want to know much more about the four central types of meditation and push your daily meditation practice to deeper level.
- You are looking to understand the depths of what meditation is and isn’t and, of course, learn how to meditate yourself.
You’re A Wellness Professional
- You work in the wellness field—maybe you’re a yoga teacher or a mental health professional.
- You know how powerful meditation can be, and you want to learn to teach it so you can create more professional opportunities.
- You want your clients to sleep more soundly, live with less stress or anxiety, and enjoy a deep quality of living that only meditating can provide.
Teaching Is Your Calling
- You’ve experienced the profound effects meditation has in your own life and are eager to share the practice with as many people as possible.
- You want to help friends, family members, colleagues, and even strangers live on a deeper, more meaningful level.
- You want them to thrive, living the happiest, most connected, and most fulfilled version of their life—and you’re ready to play an instrumental role in making that happen.
Our expert teachers
When you take a class at the Meditation Teachers Collective you are learning from experienced and trained teachers. We are certified experts across multiple traditions and techniques. Our expertise is in finding the right meditation technique that fits YOU and teaching you in an approach that makes sense, is fun, and easy.
Everyone is capable of meditating.
The best technique is the one you practice everyday.
Meditation does not require special talents, beliefs, or affiliations.
It is impossible to fail at meditation.
Our most popular courses
The Meditation Teacher Collective
Founded by Liddy Arens and Charlie Knoles, The Meditation Teacher Collective is a multidisciplinary meditation school. We specialize in finding meditation techniques that fit you.